Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Final assignment


Reflection Paper
In the beginning, my classmate encouraged me to choose this course, she said it would be very helpful for my English learning. I hesitated about that, because I am poor at English. After discussing with my classmate, I decided to choose this class. I hoped it could improve my English skills.

In this semester, teacher introduced lots of useful online tools and websites that I have never seen before, such as online dictionary, podcast, TED, MyET, and Open CourseWare. I can enhance my English writing, listening, and reading by using these tools.

I was very impressed by open courseware. I have not visited any of the open courseware before. It is very convenient and useful. I prefer to use Edx, it provides free online courses from many universities. I can choose the course that I am interested in. After watching the video, I can discuss with other students and share my opinions. Moreover, if I finish a course, I can get the certificate, and it is useful for me to get a better job in the future.

I was also impressed by TED. It provides lots of speech that inspire me very much. I like the speech “How to speak so that people want to listen” by Julian Treasure. He said that if we want our speech to be powerful and to make change in the world, there are four really powerful cornerstones that we can stand on, is “honesty, authenticity, integrity, and love”. At school, we have lots of opportunity to speak in front of people or communicate with others. I think this speech can help me to make more people listen to me.

I have never known that there is so much information about English learning on the internet. In the past, I just use Google translate and Google search. But now, I know lots of online tools, they are so convenient and useful. I can use these websites to help me learning English without the limitation of time or space.  

In the future, if I have an English report or homework, I will use these online tools. Moreover, I hope that I can write blog every week to share my opinion or emotion. I am happy that I chose this class, I learned lots of knowledge. It is very interesting and helpful for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment